What will happen to me when I am old? My heart felt so sore when I saw my grandma last Sunday. She is losing her memories slowly and acting like a little kid now. Hardly can control her urine and has been talking to herself.
My uncle was so frustrated with her choking the basin with junk food. He had scolded her terribly and upset her. I was there keeping quiet because I knew that when I started to talk back, I would be putting my aunty in a difficult situation. Grandma was so lost after the scolding. Her mind just went wild and not thinking right because she was under stress I guess. Does she deserve this? C'mon, at the age of 92, she still can walk, bathe, dress herself and even cut vegetable. What more can we expect? If she could do everything perfectly, we would not call that old. I seriously think the scolding my uncle put across was damn freaking hurting. I actually told my aunt not to look after her husband when he gets old because he does not deserve to be taken care of. This is sickening...
When Doris told Aileen(who is her daughter) about how her father scolded Grandma, she was furious as well. Well, I believe everyone will if they know.
Sometimes, I will help in arranging grandma's medicine into a daily capsule box. Do you believe that she is actually consuming 8 pills in the morning, 2 pills in the afternoon and 3 pills at night? Sound torturing? It is indeed saddening to know that she has been going thru this for months.
How I wish I could help her bear the pain..Guess that's life, when you get old, you have to go through the parting of your beloved ones. Have I prepared for it or should I say am I given a choice?
Ma ma, thanks for everything!!! You are close to my heart!!!