It has been awhile since I updated my blog. First of all, A happy new year to everyone. Hope everyone has already made your resolutions for the year. Cheers!!!
Well, as for me, I have started my new year with a new hair style, a new job and of course I have made my own resolutions too.
It has been my second day at work and everything went well so far. It has surprised me that my team which consists of 20 plus colleagues are all so young around late 20 to early 30. Wow, all the young people around and having said that, it is really a fun team to work with, awesome. I have joined this company as senior consultant III and tonnes of work to learn from as I did not have any much security audit experience before. It will be a time which I have to pick up skills and certification quickly in order to catch up. Pretty excited about it because I enjoying learning.
Was told on my first day work about this initiative which I have to go on Friday night. Guess what?? An invitation to The Boiler Room at St James, a welcome party organised by the team for me to break the ice and get myself drunk. Lol..Was informed that it is the culture here for team to organise event for new comer...Sound interesting???
Night at The Boiler Room was good. It was very sporting for the entire team to turn up and enjoy themselves. They have ordered "BIG" bottles of Hennessy XO ($800++ per bottle), vodka, etc. The chap who paid for it is definitely generous as I think the total bill definitely costs a few thousands dollars. As I am the ones to be initiated, colleagues had been asking me to drink round the table. See, I am allergic to alcohol and what I did is to add many ice cubes into my drink to make it diluted. Besides, my girl colleague also helped me by adding plain water into the drink secretly and not to say, my buddy did help to drink some on behalf of me. Lucky me!!!
All in all, the night was fun. I get to be closer to them and able to map the names to their faces. Next is to get busy with projects coming the way...