Tuesday, January 15, 2008

City View

EVERYTHING INCREASE!!! Cab fare, petrol price, ERP, sand price, cost of living, HDB price, food price, mrt fare, etc..How on earth are we going to survive in this era??


Have recently thought of getting the City view hdb which is near my dad's place because I am in favor of its location. Apart from its DBSS scheme, I would be entitled to the 40K grant as well. The down side of it is the cost.


Wow, the property price just continue to head north and a 5 room flat cost about 700K++. Unbelievable expensive and with the income cap at 8K, I really do not have any idea how those people going to pay off. E.g. If it is the $700K 5 room flat, they have to pay $200K cash upfront and be eligible for the loan of $500k. This means these people must $8K per month for the next 30 years plus cash to pay the difference. What happened if they are jobless for 1-2 mths huh?? Besides, I doubt they will not be able to sell the flat higher than what they have paid for right??


Anyway, we have dropped the idea because we are not eligible to buy HDB even due to our total income. Either we go for resales hdb or condo, in this case, I guess we have to wait for the market to crash BIG time in order to afford it. Well, I am waiting to see how many people suffer from the crisis.