Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Quality of Life

Met a cab driver today. Though it was a short trip from Temasek Polytechnic to Blk 85, the conversation was interesting. "Singapore is not a place to stay on," said uncle. He talked about his stay in China and back Singapore, later be migrating to Canada. Hmm, a uncle who does not speak good english (not even average) migrating to Canada with his son and wife? Sound rather unbelievable and wonder how he passed his migration test. ha ha..Well, that probably explains why life does not always go the way we think..

Here it goes again. "What is quality life?" Many of us are talking and discussing about quality life but what actually does it mean. The definitions of quality life to me are as follows:-

(1) If I am hospitalised, I do not have to worry about hospital bill;
(2) If I go unemployed, I do not have to worry about surviving;
(3) If my children are not going to support me or leave me, I do not worry about surviving;
(4) If I go bankrupt, I do not worry about surviving;
(5) If I am retiring, I need not have to worry about money in order to live for the rest of my life;
(6) Slow pace, rather than fast pace rushing for time/survival;
(7) Low living cost and standard;

These are all my pursee and how about yours?

That's for now.