13th of Dec is here again..Should I grieve or celebrate on this day? On one hand, it is my dad's birthday and on the other hand, it is Melvin's death anniversary. Sigh..He is one of those who died in his sleep. Should I say he is fortunate? Life is full of surprises, a person so young at the age of 28 who does not smoke or drink leading a simple life just left this world..Many of us were shocked by this news, but we still have to accept the fact. Was at the temple today to see and say "hello" to him. When I uttered "Take care ya!", my eyes and voice went soft..
"Happy Birthday to you, Dad. I love you!". Sent an sms to my dad this morning 12 sharp. I am a daddy girl and will remain forever. God has blessed me with the best dad in the world. Though my dad is poor, but my dad has given us alot of care by all his means quietly. He is like a friend to us, he talks rubbish to us, cracks joke with us, shows our friends with respect, never scold us, never control us and best of all, support us in all our decisions.
Not sure why, my bond with my dad is so much stronger than my bond with mum. I have told my dad "I love u" so many times and never in my life did I even mention it to my mum. Met up with mum last friday and had a simple meal and some chit chat. Know what..I seldom have eye contact with my mum when I talked to her. I felt she is like a stranger to me or maybe because I do not know how to communicate and treat her as a mum..sorry..Nevertheless, she is still my mum and I sincerely hope that she can forgive me for not ready to accept her. I will try to one day. Please forgive me!!